Orders for Protection

If a family or household member, or someone with whom you had a romantic or sexual relationship has physically hurt you or threatened to physically hurt you, you can ask the court for an Order for Protection.  Victim advocates can help you fill out and file the order and explain the process to you or you can get the forms by clicking here.  An advocate will also attend the hearing with you.  There is no filing fee for an Order for Protection.

Violence Intervention Project
Thief River Falls