- Information regarding victim rights;
- Crisis counseling and referrals;
- Assistance in filing a Harassment Restraining Order;
- Facilitate contact with other agencies in the criminal justice system;
- Provide information regarding hearing dates and schedule changes;
- Assist in obtaining time off from work to testify;
- Secure a safe waiting area in the courthouse;
- Assist in applying for reimbursement for expenses incurred during the course of the trial;
- Resolve matters related to restitution and the return of property;
- Provide information as to eligibility for Crime Victims Reparations for victims who have suffered personal injury as a result of a crime;
WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
Roseau County Courthouse
606 5th Ave. SW Room 42
Roseau, Minnesota 56751
It is the mission of Roseau County Victim Services to provide assistance and referral services to victims of General Crime; to speed victim’ recovery from a criminal act; and to support and aid victims as they move through the civil or criminal court system. Roseau County Victim Services will develop and maintain cooperative relationships with other agencies inside and outside of the Criminal Justice System and within our community to accomplish this mission and to promote understanding and support of victimization.
CRIME VICTIM DEFINITION
A person who has suffered physical, financial, or emotional harm as a result of the commission of a crime.
Crime Prevention - All contacts are confidential Provide information and referrals to area service providers A safe, confidential place to share experiences and receive support and understanding
COMMUNITY & PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
Roseau County Victim Services can provide presentations and professional in-service training to: Civic Organizations, Fraternal Organizations, Professionals, and Prevention Programs for School Children, Church Groups
The Crimes Victims Services Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.