Environmental Services Director
Roseau County Courthouse
606 5th Ave SW, Room 150
Roseau, Minnesota 56751
The Environmental Office is open
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Transfer Station hours of operation: (click here for printable version.)
Monday: 8:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Tuesday: 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Thursday: 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Friday 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
2017 Solid Waste Management Program Summary
Click here for information on Waste Type/Disposal Options & Fees
WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
The Environmental Office is located in the Roseau County Courthouse, Room 150.
WHAT WE DO
The Environmental Office is responsible for developing and managing the County environment-related programs, including the solid waste management programs, floodplain/shoreland management program, and the wastewater management program.
The general duties of the Environmental Office include:
A. Waste Management Activities:
- Management of the Roseau County Solid Waste Transfer Station
- Management of the Roseau County Demolition Landfill
- Oversight of the MAR-KIT Recycling Program
- Preparation and implementation of the County Solid Waste Management Plan
- Development and implementation of environmental programs to meet County, State and Federal requirements
- Development and implementation of the County "special waste" plan
- Development and implementation of the County household hazardous waste plan
- Organize and implement education programs
- Enforce Ordinance #2 and #31 for County Solid Waste Management, including complaint inspection and resolution
- Complete and submit all necessary reports to County Board and State Agencies
- Prepare all permits, grants, bid and RFP documents and contracts
- Prepare budgets and ensure that financial and personnel records are properly maintained
- Maintain liaison with State Agencies, Federal EPA, contractors, consultants and committees
B. Floodplain, Shoreland, & Wastewater Management:
- Develop, maintain and enforce the Roseau County Floodplain Management Ordinance provisions
- Develop, maintain and enforce the Roseau County Shoreland Management Ordinance provisions
- Develop, maintain and enforce the Roseau County Sewage & Wastewater Treatment Ordinance provisions
- Maintain liaison with State Agencies, FEMA, and contractors
- Perform all administrative, budgeting, and reporting functions required to adequately administer all 3 programs.