Child Support Services

Roseau County Social Services
208 6th Street SW
Roseau, Minnesota 56751

  • Locating parents.
  • Establishing parentage.
  • Establishing and enforcing court orders for child support, medical support, and child care support.
  • Adjusting court orders based on the cost-of-living index.
  • Working with other states to enforce support when one parent does not live in Minnesota.
  • Collecting and processing payments.

Either parent of a child may get certain support services.

Parents who do not receive public assistance can apply for services at their county child support office.

Parents who receive public assistance for a child whose other parent does not live with them are automatically referred for services. They do not pay any fee.

SERVICES NOT AVAILABLE (We cannot help with)
  • Legal separation and divorce.
  • Visitation and custody.
  • We cannot answer legal questions about custody and visitation.
  • Spousal maintenance (alimony) establishment or enforcement.
  • Collection of unpaid bills, property settlements, or other debts not related to support obligations.
  • Legal advice or counsel.

You may wish to consult an attorney for assistance with the above issues.

For more detail information call the Minnesota Department of Human Services Interactive Voice Response case and payment information line at:

(651)215-5630 (Twin Cities area)

1(800) 657-3512 (outside Twin Cities calling area).

Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
MN Dept of Human Services, Child Support Enforcement Division
Rules of Expedited Child Support Process